Friday, 6 June 2014

Animal Print Jumpsuit

The weekend is almost here.  I am sure there are many of you out there who have a ton of fabric in your collection, find it hard to get rid of them and keep telling yourself..."I'll use them someday".  Well I decided to use a piece of fabric that has been sitting, waiting, hoping to be cut up and made into something.  I am not one for animal prints but my creative juices were flowing and I decide that I would make a 1 piece jumpsuit from 2.5 meters of this animal print fabric.  I used 2 patterns; the top was taken from the Vogue 8815, which I have used here, here and here.  The bottom was from McCalls 6760, which I have never used before. I wasn't sure how it would turn out; with the extra wide legs, I thought it might swallow me whole.

The material is a rayon stretch.  I went with sleeveless, shortened the crotch depth by 1" and added a 10" zipper to the back. It sewed up very quickly and I was able to use my serger for most of the seams.  I will definitely try this pattern again maybe in a solid colour.  The jumpsuit is so comfy and flowy.  For a first try, it didn't turn out so bad.  


  1. There must be something in the air, because I'm planning to do the very same thing with a piece of animal print fabric I have. Especially since I see how awesome your jumpsuit turned out! Very good job, enjoy wearing something a little different.

    1. Thanks so much. Keep me posted on how your jumpsuit turns out


Thanks for the comment