Pages

Monday 22 December 2014

#Fabric Haul

So, here I am continuing my preparation for the holiday.  I have about 2 weeks off from work and I can't wait to spend my day sewing, preparing a new wardrobe for the coming year.
 What better way to start my vacation then a trip to the fabric district in T.O  So off I went to Queen St. W in my little automobile to the "big" city to see what wonderful fabrics await me.  
Here's what I found:

1. Camouflage Cotton fabric.  I  think I will make a pair of fitted pants with elastics in the ankles.


2. As I was perusing through a store, I came upon a piece of leather...What ever would I make with this...BUT I couldn't walk away.  I asked the store keeper, "how much?"  he replies, "you want it? $10"  After a few other words back and forth, we settled on 2 pieces for $15.  I still have no idea what I actually will make with these pieces.


3. I also found this festive Jacquard knit that I will make a cute little tunic dress and a lovely sweater knit.

4. Finally, I purchased a denim look double knit fabric...not sure what I will make of this perhaps between now and the end of the holiday, I will have something in mind.  The picture doesn't really show how BLUE it really is; it's actually a dark blue.


Nonetheless, I had fun shopping for fabric and planning my next few projects. If you have any suggestions on projects that involves leather, I would love to hear from you.  Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment