Pages

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Flared Skirt, is it Spring Yet?


I have not given up hope that Spring is just around the corner. I have begun my Spring Fabric collection and can't wait to put myself in the throes of sewing for Spring.
I continue to tease myself, hoping and wishing that if I sew one more "Spring" item, Spring will arrive.  Sadly, it appears that Winter is going to hold on. BUT to that I say, "Winter, you have not defeated me.  You wanna go another round?  Let's go another round!"  Her is my latest spring fabric adventure.  Using Vogue 8882, I made this Flared Skirt.


Pattern Review:

Pattern Description: Vogue 8882- Flared Skirt

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 6, using view A

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it sure did!



Were the instructions easy to follow? Because the skirt was very easy to do, I did not follow the pattern instructions

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the ease in which this pattern came together. I love the multiple lengths of this pattern. I am intrigued by the high-low skirt of View E. It may be a style I will try for the summer. I always love having pockets in my garments. This pattern did not have pocket. Perhaps the next time a I create this skirt, I may side pockets.

Fabric Used: I used a printed stretch sateen fabric to create this flared skirt.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The finished length of the View A is 19" but I took off an additional 3" off the length, since I am only 4'10", I still wanted a shorter skirt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I will definitely be sewing this again. I am more likely to try a different few. A maxi skirt would be great too, View F and as I mentioned before the High-Low skirt of View E will be on my sewing list. I could recommend this to other. Because of the versatility of the style, you can create the perfect skirt for you.

Conclusion: This was an really quick sew up and looks great! I love how the skirt falls nicely.

I will post, how I wore it once SPRING SPRINGS!

4 comments:

  1. I love the wild fabric for this skirt! It is just a great flirty looking garment to bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell us where you found that amazing fabric!
    www.always-a-project.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment