Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Summer Top X 2



So every now and again, I find a pattern that just "speaks" to me.  A pattern that I love everything about it, has very little alterations and it looks great on.  This past week, I found this pattern, McCalls 6928. Here is my review of the pattern:



Pattern Description:
A loose fitting, sleeveless top 

Pattern Sizing:
I sewed View A and cut a size XS

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It absolutely looked just like the photograph.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I thought that instructions were pretty good, although I had a few issues with the instructions when it came to the attaching the knot.  I was able to modify the instructions to suit my needs.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I really like the free flow of the top, the cute bow in the front on View A.

Fabric Used: 
I used a printed voile fabric and a plain voile fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shortened the front and back pieces by 1/2" and I also widened the straps a little too.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? 
I have sewn it 2 times, I don't think I need any more tops in that same view.  I may try one of the other views, I really like the peplum tank top.

Conclusion:
I think this is a fun, easy pattern that would be great for a beginner.  It is definitely a wardrobe builder and depending on the fabric, the top can be dressy or casual.

Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

  1. These look like great summer tops. The bow is especially lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both views are great. I really like the black one. You can dress it up or down to suit your mood and the occasion. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vernelle! I agree, it's such an easy top to dress up or dress down.

      Delete
  3. That is cute! Make me one? LOL.......Love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tops are really cute. Love your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The hair is for the summer!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment