Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2015

DIY Metal Spheres


I guess I've been on this DIY kick.
 I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest.  Although I enjoyed watching all the wonderful and crafty things that people were up to, I couldn't help but think "is this something that really works for your not so crafty DIYer?"  Well after scoping through pinterest, I discovered this really cool Metal Sphere made out metal strapping.  I seem to be obsessed with spheres, almost all of the accent pieces in my home are round in shape. Perhaps it comes from the idea that there is no beginning and no end, to be whole and completed.

Materials Used

2- nuts and bolts for each sphere
1- Dahl All Round Strapping, Steel, 22Ga 1/2 Inch x 25' found here
1- Tremclad spray paint by Rustoleum (I used Fire Red)

Here's how it turned out.








I think they turned out AWESOME.  They are pretty versatile, you could use them as garden accent pieces as well and then bring them in during the winter to accent your indoor living space.








1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh -- they look fab. I love the color too -- perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment