Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

Simpicity #2149 - Into the Darkness Jacket

Happy Thursday!

I created this 3/4 length unlined jacket with a really cool fabric using Simplicity 2149.
It was an easy sew and I actually will make a similar jacket in another funky print.  This fabric is actually outdoor upholstery fabric.  I bought that  a few years ago and finally decided to make a quick little jacket.  It was fun to place the print just so.    I used the same pattern here for a waist length jacket and included a pattern review.

Here's how it turned out:






Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks gorgeous! Wonderful colours, and the jacket style is really nice too. Great coat.

    Isn't it so very difficult to decide what to make from some fabrics that we love and cherish, and which seem to stay in our stash forever? I run into that a lot anyway. I should just go and make something out of fabrics I really like instead of keeping them from something more 'perfect'. There probably ain't such a thing as perfect anyway. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the fabric for this coat. It looks spectacular on you! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous jacket and looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment