Pages

Monday 10 November 2014

Corduroy Jacket and other goodies

  
I have been very busy sewing away, finding fun Fall clothing to make up my wardrobe.  I have a few items that I would like to share with you and a pattern review.

Pattern Review: 

Simplicity 2149

Pattern Description: 
Jacket available in three lengths.  Variation of collars and sleeve lengths.

Pattern Sizing:
I cut style D in a size 6 and B cup.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It sure did!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The pattern was fairly simple.  I didn't use the instruction, but I did read the instructions for the sake of the review.  The pattern are easy to follow and the drawings are clear.  This is a great pattern for beginner sewist, because the construction is simple.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the ease is which the jacket came together.  I also really liked the ability to choose your "cup" size that best suited your body shape.

Fabric Used:
I used a black corduroy fabric that is fairly stiff and can hold the shape of the jacket quite well.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Yes, I made a few changes to the pattern.

Would you sew it again? 
I sure will, I am thinking of sewing the longer version with a loser fit for an over coat style.

Would you recommend it to others?
I absolutely would recommend this pattern to others.  It is easy to sew, there are so many options to choose from.

Conclusion:
Great pattern to try, easy to fit and easy to dress up or dress down.



Other Goodies

I have been obsessed lately with full length sweaters.  Although I am only 4'10", I need some of these in my wardrobe.  I figured with a lighter weight fabric, I might be able to rock it, no problem.  Here are my creations renditions.  I used Vogue 8951 and modified the pattern

1. added 18" to length of the front and slightly less to the back because the original pattern had a high-low effect.

2. cut 2 front pieces

3. self-drafted the front facing to match the full length of the jacket.

 This one I made with a light, see through sweater knit.  it was so much fun to make.
It's an easy thing to throw on with jeans, long-sleeve tee and a way you go.






 This one was made with a brown faux suede fabric.  Again, use to wear with different things.  You can dress it up or down.



Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I have this pattern and had not considered this take on it. Very cute. Love the dusters too. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment