Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Off-the-Shoulder Knit


I was looking for something casual to wear, something that I could throw on when I am out shopping.  This season, I am in love with the colour purple and so here is my "off the shoulder" sweater.



Pattern Description: 
Simplicity 1613 Knit Top

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 8, as the body is close fitting and I wanted a bigger fit for the style.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, absolutely.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't read the instructions as the top has 5 pattern pieces that was pretty straight forward to put together.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like how quickly this pattern came together. It took me approx 1.5 hrs. to complete from cutting to completion.

Fabric Used: I used a purple double knit material with a fair bit of stretch

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I altered to pattern slightly. I added 3" to the hem of the tops, and 2" to the length of the sleeves because I wanted a tunic style top with long sleeves, but I still wanted the off the shoulder style

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Umm... maybe. I might sew it again. I don't know how many off the shoulder tops I need. Although I think that if I was to extend the hem further, I might make a long dress. I would recommend this pattern to add to your wardrobe.  It was fun to sew and you can do a lot with the fabric choices and material.

Conclusion: This pattern is excellent for creating a quick project. The other views in the pattern can be interesting.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, the color suits you very well and the model of the shirt is great! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see this sewn up! It looks really fun. I was on the fence about this pattern but this I should just get it and sew a cute top like yours. I really like the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment