Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Mini Dress


I have gotten my sewing mojo back!  After a nice weekend of sewing, I have found my groove.




As I was working my way through some of the patterns that I haven't used in awhile, I saw a cute skirt pattern that I wanted to use and the Retro Butterick pattern that I have been using for my Inspired By the Movie dress.  I decided to put the two pattern together to create this cute little number.

I used the top of the Butterick 5556 (view A) and the skirt (view C) of the Vogue 8328.  I lengthened the sleeve in view A and added cuffs.  I shortened the skirt by about 6".  The fabric I used is the grey mini stripe suiting material.  The fabric is a great weight, allowing the dress to hang perfectly.  It was fun creating with "Frankenpatterns" because you can allow your creative juices to flow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment