Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

Dress that Sweater!



My weekend was pretty busy but not much sewing.  I did a little "cross border" shopping with my mom.  Then the snow came, freezing rain and a lot of shoveling.

 I had a chance to play outside with my little person.  It's amazing how much fun they have in the snow, and the don't feel the cold.  Sadly, I didn't have much time to sew as I have a few projects on the go.  If you remember, I have a 50's dress that I want to sew, plus with all the fabric I recently purchased, I wanted to sit and do some project planning.

I did, however, manage to do a small project with the VERY soft striped sweater knit that I have in my fabric collection. I used Vogue 8688, which is now out of print.  It was so easy to put together.  There are a few different views, I used view C.  As I am sewing this project, I look outside and see how much snow is coming down, so I decide to add a turtle neck to the pattern, I figure I might as well be work.

PATTERN REVIEW
Pattern Description: Vogue 8688
Pattern Sizing: I cut XS
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Exactly like the picture
Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use the instruction as the project had 2 pieces
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the ease of this pattern. If you want something quick and easy, this is the pattern for you. You can make it longer to create a tunic style top or shorten it.
Fabric Used: I used a stripe sweater knit
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I add a turtle neck style collar to the sweater. Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Um, not  sure if I would sew it again. Although it was easy and quick, I don't know if I will need another top like this. But maybe.
Conclusion: Great pattern for beginners. You can do a lot with the fabric used.


HOW I WORE IT!


1 comment:

  1. This is really cute! I have a few sweater knits in my stash that I'd love to get to sooner or later! Love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment