Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Friday Update!


I will most likely be fabric shopping in the next week or so.

 
 There is so much thought, for me, that goes into the garment.  I want to keep the integrity of the time period with the design, but I am hoping to put a more modern flair with the fabric.

Inspired By The MoviesThe weekend is here! I have been looking forward to the weekend all week!  As I mentioned in a previous post, it's funny how (for me anyway) I am always counting down to the end of the day on Friday.  I usually like to just go home, have a nice dinner and relaxing on the weekend.  There will be a lot of football going on in my house this weekend.. Super Bowl Weekend.  Do we have any football fans out there?


B5556Line Art
So I mentioned in my post Don't Stop- Keep it Coming, that I recently committed myself to participating in the www.patternreview.com contest, Inspired by the Movies.  I have finally chosen the pattern. It is the Butterick 5556 Retro pattern.  It is:  Lined dresses mid-calf, have semi-fitted bodice and gathered, flared skirt, winged or stand-up collar, below elbow kimono sleeves, side zipper and side front pockets.  Self-fabric belt has purchased buckle. Purchased petticoat. 

This pattern will provide me with a number of challenges including the multiple darts and the belt. I have never made a "petticoat" before, so that will be interesting as well.  If anyone out there has made a petticoat please let me know---where do I start? great video tutorials? books?

Now it is on to the fabric that I would like to use....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment