Pages

Sunday 12 January 2014

Birthday Party Beauty




I hope everyone had a great weekend.  My weekend was fun with a 40th Birthday Bash for my lovely husband.  We had a few friends over for munchies and then we went out dancing.  I needed an outfit that was fun and sexy.  I was inspired by Mimi G's Peplum Dress.
 She has a tutorial posted that you can use, although I did not use the tutorial.  I used the Vogue 8815 and drafted my own pattern.

I bought a stretch double knit printed fabric, wanted something that was colourful, whimiscal and still showed off the style of the dress.
 
I had a lot of fun drafting the pattern and "fitting it"  The dress turned out very cute.  A few things I would change, I think I went a bit too low in the neck line and bit shorter than I wanted in the skirt length.  However, my husband didn't think I need to change a thing. ;) 

 On to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment