Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Hump Day Wednesday


Hump Day Wednesday!

We are half way through the week.  I don't know about you, but it feels like I live for the weekends.  Anyway, I as continue to truck along with my sewing adventures.  Here is pattern review for Butterick 5954

PATTERN REVIEW


Pattern Description: Butterick 5954- Tunic top

Pattern Sizing: I cut XS.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it was exactly as the picture showed.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Because there was so few pieces, I didn't follow the instructions
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the fold over front. You can adjust it to reveal as much or as little as you want. It is very comfortable

Fabric Used: I used a camo sweater knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the length by approx 1".

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Most definitely! Like most of the other reviews, this pattern sews up so quickly, I was able to complete this garment in about 2 hrs, from cutting out the pattern to doing the final ironing. If you want something that is quick to sew and still gives a lot of flair, this pattern is the one.

Conclusion: This is great beginner pattern, with simple seams. You can do a lot with fabrics to dress this top up or keep it casual

HOW I WORE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment