Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Boucle Suit part 1

I was inspired by one of my favourite blog- @Mimi G of @ www.mimigstyle.com  Her style and the way that she chooses fabrics are amazing.
 I had a chance to see her in LA at her sewing conference last summer and it was an amazing experience.  It was at that conference that I was struck by the number of woman that were as passionate about sewing as I was, not to mention, the fabric that I came away with.  If you haven't visited her site yet, I would recommend that you visit...you will be hooked.  Now back to my original thought.  I was inspired by a suit that @Mimi G made and posted on her blog, the plaid suit. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make it.  I quickly went through my fabric stash and found a multi colour boucle that I could use.  


Then drafted a pattern for the pencil skirt because I wanted something simple and easy to construct. 



On to the jacket...

I looked through my patterns to find a similar jacket pattern, one that would be easy to adjust and still let the fabric do all the talking.  I settled on the Vogue 1132 pattern.  I love the gored back and the princess seams.  I find that it is easier to adjust a jacket when there is princess seams.  With a few minor adjusts, I drafted a muslin of the jacket to ensure that I have a good fit. 




Stay tuned for the finished project and my pattern review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment