Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

My Patterns Have Arrived!



It continues to be very very very  COLD here!  Thankfully my heart is warm with the arrival of my new patterns (lol) .

 At least once a month Vogue and McCall have a sale on their patterns.  I don't think I have ever paid full price for a Vogue pattern.  When they do have their sale, I tend to load up.  Of course it feels like it takes forever for the patterns to arrive.  BUT man oh man when they arrive it's like Christmas all over again! I squealed with delight as I opened the brown envelope.  I often forget what I had originally order so it's quite a surprise.  On occasion I have been disappointed, wondering "What was I thinking?" when I open the brown envelope and pull out the patterns.  So this time around I purchased 8 patterns (and I am thrilled with all 8).  I was seriously lacking in the shirts/blouse departments so I stocked up on a variety of tops that I can make in heavier fabric for the winter but can switch it up for the summer with lighter materials.

The first pattern I am going to start with is the McCall's M6841 in view C.  What I like most about this pattern is that you can use a various materials to get different looks.  A jersey knit will give you a more casual look, whereas a silk would give you a more "dressy" look.  I have this purple double knit fabric in my stash that I will start with and see how it turns out.  It drapes well and has a good weight to it.

I also have these silk fabrics that I think would looking stunning too! Here I go again, SHINY! Interesting, my hubby wants pocket squares made for his suits from these silky, shiny, fabrics.



Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment